- On Thursday May 9, 2002, IMSC's Remote Media Immersion (RMI) project was described in The New York Times. The article entitled "On Internet of the Future, Surfers May Almost Feel the Spray" by Eric A. Taub appeared in the Circuits section. The Yima project is the streaming technology that enables high fidelity Internet on-demand media transmissions such as demonstrated by RMI.
- Article PDF (1,329 KB).
- On Thursday May 9, 2002, Yima and RMI were covered during the 10 o'clock news on NBC-4.
- On Thursday May 9, 2002, Yima and RMI covered during the 10 o'clock news on KTLA-5.
- On Wednesday June 19, 2002, Yima and RMI were covered in USC's Daily Trojan. The article entitled "USC engineers develop new 3-D technology" by Sara Rodriguez appeared in the Summer Trojan.
- Article PDF (40 KB).
- October 28, 2002: Our Yima streaming system was featured at the Fall Internet2 Member Meeting. Details of the performance event can be found here.
- Winter 2002: RMI was featured in the USC Trojan Family Magazine, Volume 34, Number 4, on page 20. The article "Blasting off a Big Screen Near You" by Matthew Blakeslee appeared in the magazine's Science and Technology section.
- RMI and Yima were featured in the USC Engineer, Volume 1, Issue 2, on page 5. The article "3-D Immersion via the Internet Premieres at USC" by Matthew Blakeslee appeared in the magazine's Straight to the Point section.